What to take with
Kitchen towels and dishwashing liquid.
Towels and beach towels.
Rain protective cloth, protective work gloves to capture moorings or rusty chain on buoys.
We kindly asked take the boat shoes with bright soles! Do not walk on board in shoes with high heels because of the risk of injurying herself or damaging the boat.
12V chargers for cell phones, photo and other appliances.
On board there is no 220 volts, and a hair dryer on the board does not work!!! (except in the marina)
Take the sprayagainst insecs for a quiet night!
1. Always fasten the rope on the bottom of the buoys, never on the top, because the buoys are mostly plastic and upper and lower ring mostly are not firm interconnected .
Also – please check the buoy, rope, chain and concrete block under the buoy after binding the boat.Plesa dive and check because some of the compounds can be damaged.
It can be often seen how some members of the crew try to grab the bouy from the bow when the boat is still moveing with some speed – it is almost impossible catch the bouy becuse of the hightof the bow, too. So we recommend-
grasp the buoy from the swim platform, fasten with extra rope to the stern and later in peace attach real rope on the bow.
Do not tie the bouy to close to the bow (see the picture under) Our recommendation is about 5 meters but this depends how far is the other boat.
2. Bridge between the islands Ugljan and Pasman near Zadar!
37 feets long boats and, of course, longer can not pass under the bridge. Many sailing boats were passing below the bridge and broke the masts! The crew can be seriously hurt! Dear skippers, please take care of your crew and ship.
The stream in the channel is strong (about 4-5 knots) and if you sail to close there is no return!!!!
3. Do not pull the dinghy behind the sailing boat. Put it on the deck and secure well with the rope.
4. Always choose your own nautical routs rely on nautical maps. Never follow another boat without your own check the map. Too often we have heard the skipper aground “but in front of us the sailing boat passed witout stranding. ” There are two possibilities; The skipper has passed several times this route and knows the sea bottom accurately or just has luck. It is important to check the maps of your own!.
5. Regarding the rocky bottom fasten your boat with the bow deck to the quay. It is mostly in front of the restaurants.
Always fasten your boat as the storm is comming!
6. Put the fenders alway on the boat or fasten on deck, also sort the ropes properly to be ready in case of need..
7. Never rely only on GPS plotter the possibility of grounding is great.